Thursday, March 27, 2014

Chopper Chicks in Zombietown (1991) and Musical Scenes in the Sunday "Bad" Movies

This week’s movie, Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, basically took three different genres and threw them together.  The first genre was zombie horror, which you could have guessed from the title.  The second genre, which you could probably also guess from the title, was a biker exploitation type of thing which I’m not entirely sure was exploitation.  The third genre was comedy.  This movie was hilarious.

There is one standout moment in Chopper Chicks in Zombietown that I would like to focus on.  That moment is a musical number that happens about 19 minutes into the movie.  One of the characters enters a bar and changes the music on the radio.  She then begins singing along to the music and a montage begins.  It is easily my top moment in the movie.  Here’s a YouTube clip (Go to about 6:15):
This got me to thinking.  What are the best musical moments that I’ve seen so far in the Sunday “Bad” Movie series?  There have been some that I enjoyed and some that I didn’t.  I’m going to use this post to share some of the best and worst that I’ve seen throughout the movies.  Hopefully you enjoy.

April Fools (2007)
I can’t actually find a video of the song in the movie, but there is one.  There are actually multiple songs and a dance sequence in the movie that are memorable enough that I remembered them.  That’s something.  One of the songs is even performed by Lil’ Flip himself.  Yeah, that’s right.  He’s that guy who you probably haven’t heard of.  I sure hadn’t before seeing the movie.

Glitter (2001)
This was a musical, so it’s hard to not include it when I’m going through moments in which songs are performed in the movies that I’ve watched.  I’m only going to put in a video for one song, since I don’t remember any of the music from the movie.  This involved Mariah Carey sitting at a piano.  I don’t remember the context of the scene, but I remembered the piano, so I found the song and decided it would be the one chosen.  So here you go:

Miami Connection (1988)
How could I pass up on Dragon Sound.  Five friends who are all orphans teamed up to make the band.  They performed multiple times in the movie and created two songs that have been stuck in my head since I watched the movie.  It’s good, it’s fun, and I love it.  Here are the two songs:

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (2005)
Okay, so this might not be an actual singing performance.  But there’s one part where a gigolo is getting ready to tan and he dances.  It is the best moment in the movie and I can’t help but share it with you guys.  Here you go:

That’s about all I can remember for musical performances in the Sunday “Bad” Movies.  If you’ve been watching along and you noticed any that I missed, leave a comment and tell me what I missed.

That musical moment isn’t the only good part of Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, but it’s my favourite.  The entire movie is filled with odd moments that make it oh so enjoyable.  It is one of the movies in the Sunday “Bad” Movies that I will wholeheartedly say you should watch.  It’s fun, it’s funny, and it’s crazy.  That makes it perfect to me.

There are a few notes that I have to make before I’m done:

  • Here are links to my posts for April Fools, Glitter, Miami Connection, and the Deuce Bigalow movies.
  • Ed Gale appeared in Chopper Chicks in Zombietown.  He was also featured in the movie Tiptoes.
  • Chopper Chicks in Zombietown was also known as Chrome Hearts.
  • If you have any suggestions for future movies in the Sunday “Bad” Movies, you can leave a comment below, or tell me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment