Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Important Message



I don’t usually post things for the Sunday “Bad” Movies outside of my normal Sunday posting, but this week is a little bit different.  Something important is happening that needs to be addressed.  No, I am not stopping the blog.  It’s nothing like that.  I am going to continue as I normally would with writing a post each week about a different “bad” movie.  Or more than one movie if that is what the week calls for.  I’m not changing the types of posts I write.  The change isn’t as big as that.  I just wanted to announce a scheduling change for this week’s movie.

Some of you may already know that my plan for this week was to watch Fifty Shades of Black in the theatre and write about it for the post.  A few things managed to get in the way of that.  First and foremost, it is not playing in my city.  The theatre here chose not to play the Marlon Wayans starring movie, probably because they didn’t expect a big turnout.  I don’t blame them for that.  It meant that I would have to drive out of the city to go see the movie.  I’m willing to do that, but not by myself.  For that reason, I tried to rope a friend into seeing it with me.  That was Saturday.

Sunday and Monday would have been great days to see the movie.  I work until five, go see the movie in the evening.  But someone at work got sick and I covered their shifts in the evening.  That took away those two days.  On Tuesday, the friend who wanted to go with me got sick and started throwing up.  Today (Wednesday), that friend had some family issues to deal with.  So that’s two more nights.

It’s Wednesday night.  The post needs to go up on Sunday and I haven’t yet seen the movie for this week.  I was going to try again for tomorrow, but the way this week has gone, I’d rather not risk it.  If Fifty Shades of Black was playing at the theatre in my city, I’d go see the next showing without a second thought about it.  But it’s not.  So it is with great regret that I must replace that with another movie in order to make sure that I can get a post ready for Sunday.

There were many movies that I could quickly use to fill this week’s slot.  I have a lot of multi-movie packs filled with low budget horror or family movies.  One movie stood out to me more than any other because of its timeliness.  The movie I am choosing for this week is going to be Chop Kick Panda, a rip-off of Kung Fu Panda.  With the third Kung Fu Panda being recently released, I thought this would be a good time to venture into a movie that tried to snag a quick buck off of it in 2011.

Once again, I am sorry that I had to switch movies.  I wish things had worked out a little better because I was looking forward to Fifty Shades of Black being featured in the Sunday “Bad” Movies.  I promise that it will come into play at a later date.  This week simply wasn’t the right time.  So, please, join me this Sunday as I write about Chop Kick Panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment